This tour is a combination of some of the most famous landmarks around Skopje, like the Millenium Cross on the top of Vodno Mountain and the natural reserve Matka Canyon, but in a different way – we’ll do an easy hike through the woods and pastures of Mount Vodno with fantastic views over Skopje valley and Matka Canyon, great spots for photographers, and have our traditional meal with the locals in a XIV century monastery yards that can be reached only by foot.
- 08:00 Departure by van from Skopje to the starting point on Vodno (576m) where we start hiking. To the top of Mt Vodno (1.066m) it takes around 50min – 1hour 10min, depending on the path we choose(moderate or more demanding).
- Here we stop for a short break with mountain tea and visit of the Millennium Cross.
- From this point we start trekking mostly on the ridge of Vodno through the woods to the old bunkers left from the Yugoslav army, and then over the pastures to the monastery of Nikola Shishevski (3-4 hours).
- Your traditional Macedonian lunch will be served here, in the monastery gardens located on the top of the steep rocks surrounding Matka Canyon, with a spectacular view over the lake and its surroundings.
- After the lunch we descend down to the lake and we ring the bell for the boat to take us to the other side of the lake where we visit St Andrew church.
- Short coffee break at the restaurant by the lake and we walk some 30min to our transfer point.
- Arrival in Skopje late afternoon.
Included in price:
- Tourist Guide