This tour is a combination of some of the most famous landmarks around Skopje, like the Millenium Cross on the top of Vodno Mountain and the natural reserve Matka Canyon, but in a different way – we’ll do an easy hike through the woods and pastures of Mount Vodno with fantastic views over Skopje valley and Matka Canyon, great spots for photographers.
- 10:00 Departure by van or car from Skopje to the starting point on Vodno (576m) where we are making the first photos of Skopje from above.
- Our next stop is The Church of Saint Panteleimon which was build in Macedonian/Byzantine style in XII century. The church is famous for the coloring, dramatic composition and purity of expression displayed in the frescoes are outstanding examples of Byzantine medieval monumental painting in the later 12th century.
- Our next stop is Matka Canyon
- Boat trip ( 30-40 minutes) Visiting the Vrelo cave which is considered to be one of the deepest underwater caves in Europe and the world.
- Short coffee break at the restaurant by the lake and we walk some 20min to our transfer point.
- Arrival in Skopje.
Included in price:
- Tourist Guide